Chris' Learning Solutions Magazine article: "What is DITA and Why Should You Care?"
(free subscription required to read the entire article)
Chris to present on "Understanding the DITA Learning and Training Content Specialization" at DevLearn|10, November 3–5, 2010, in San Francisco, CA
You Have a Terrific Product. Does Anyone Know?
You know how terrific your company's product is, but do other people? Do they understand all the benefits? Do they know how to use all the features and functions? Whether it's:
- hardware or software
- high tech or low tech
- high cost or low cost
- mature or brand-new to the market
make sure your customers, prospects, and users have the product information they need. People not only will appreciate and value your product more, but they also will be more satisfied, more likely to buy from you again, and more likely to recommend your company and your product to others.
How Do You Provide the Product Information People Need?
Many companies spend months, years, even decades designing, developing, testing, and improving their products. Then at the last minute, someone in the company realizes they need some sort of product information.
- Should it be a training course?
- User and administrator guides?
- A white paper?
- Something else?
How do you decide what information people need about your product, and how do your provide that information?
Benz Information Consulting Can Help!
Chris Benz has over two decades of experience designing, developing, and delivering information about a wide variety of products and for a wide range of companies and industries. He can:
- help you decide what information deliverables will work best for your customers, prospects, and users
- assess information needs among intended audiences
- determine how to efficiently gather product information from specifications and subject-matter
- use efficient methods, including DITA, for sharing common content across multiple information deliverables
- determine the best look and feel for each deliverable
- develop or manage the development of the content and deliverables
- determine the best methods for delivering training synchronously (live) or asynchronously (self-paced)
- deliver training in the classroom or online
- determine the best methods and formats for delivering technical documents
- update or improve existing information deliverables
Sample Deliverables & Services
|Instructional Design & Development
|Blended Training Solutions
||Learning Management System Implementations
|Classroom Training Delivery
|| Synchronous Online Training Delivery
|Quick Reference Guides
|Presentation Development & Delivery
|Project Planning & Management
||Department & Team Management
||Information Design & Architecture
|Audience & Needs Analysis
||Developmental & Technical Editing
Contact Benz Information Consulting to learn more!